Tuesday, November 15, 2011

From a Thankful Heart Part 1

This November I've joined the trend on Facebook of posting something I'm thankful for each day. Today (the halfway point of this month) and again on the last of the month I'll be posting a recap of what I've posted each day.

Day 1: I'm thankful that although my family can't afford it God still provided a way for me to go to TU and get a good education. No matter how much school stresses me out I try to always remember that I couldn't afford it and only through God's provision am I able to go.

Day 2: I'm thankful for technology. It keeps me in contact with far away people, enables schoolwork to be done without my arm falling off from writing for hours, and lets us check out materials at work without using the evil invention of the barcode scanner. Oh, and it's also shiny.

Day 3: I'm thankful for the amazing music team at BAUPC - I love being a part of this dynamic team. I'm grateful for everyone's willingness to work together to lead in worship. Thank you everyone for being AWESOME.

Day 4: I'm thankful for air to breath even though I've woken up choking and coughing the last two nights. Thank God for air to breathe.

Day 5: I'm thankful for earthquake insurance.

Day 6: I'm thankful that Casey Marks (my college and career leader) was born. I got cake today because of that.

Day 7: I'm thankful for a good job with co-workers I adore.

Day 8: I'm thankful for my two new friends (inhalers) that will hopefully help me breathe better.

Day 9: I'm thankful for two very important people. I'm so thankful for my pastor, Rev. Aaron Dunn, and his wife, Sis. Stacy Dunn. They are such wonderful people and do such an excellent job leading our congregation during every service. I thank God for them and the impact they've had on my life.

Day 10: I'm thankful for a lady who I haven't seen in a while but who had a profound impact on my life when she lived here. This lady is always an encourager. She always believes in me, and I always knew she was there for me. This lady is a beautiful example of a godly lady; she sets a shining example for all who know her. This lady always pushed us girls to be our best. She always had time for us. She is one of the greatest LADIES I have ever known. This lady is none other than Sis. Stephanie Joy Godwin. To those in California now blessed by her presence: Treasure this jewel of a woman.

Day 11: I'm thankful as I head off to OK District Ladies' Retreat I'm thankful for the wonderful OK District of the UPCI. The leadership of this state is fabulous and we are greatly blessed by their hard work.

Day 12: I'm thankful for fellowship with like minded believers.

Day 13: I'm thankful for my wonderful church family.

Day 14: I'm thankful for the weight I've gained the last couple years because that means I've never lacked for food and God has blessed me with an abundance thereof. However I'm still going to vanquish those extra pounds...

Day 15: I'm thankful for my kitty cat. She always has a cheerful (or demanding "pet me pet me") meow for me. I always know if I need a hug and it's 2 am and no one is around well there's my fluffy, precious Liba.


1 comment: