Monday, November 14, 2011

Content this Christmas

Philippians 4:11
...For I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.
New Living Translation

Christmas is coming and while I adore Christmas I have a horrible tendency of going way overboard with my spending. So this year I'm going to be making most of my presents for people and making some crafts for myself to curb impulse buys while out shopping for what few presents I'm going to really buy. In this month of thankfulness I am extremely grateful for Pinterest. Thanks to Pinterest I have garnered ideas for many of the presents I'm making this year.

Here's a sneak preview of some of the presents I'm making and things I have slated to make myself. This lovely pincushion provides inspiration for the present I'm making for my sewing and antique loving Granny.

This lovely pincushion provides inspiration for the present I'm making for my sewing and antique loving Granny.
Another precious idea that will not be strictly duplicated but is going to be the base for a present for a quirky and awesome friend of mine.


And finally the inspiration for a present I'm going to be making for MYSELF. I have a beloved pair of shoes I have completely worn out so they are going to be coated in glitter!!!

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is making people curious about their present. Saturday I blew my mother's mind as I went with her to Michael's and came back with 27 pieces of felt...


The curiosity was increased as I proceeded to cut it all into identical pieces...


Come back after Christmas to see what I'm making Mumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment