Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cheerful Giving

So, I'm just checking in with a Sheaves for Christ update. I promise to tell everything I can about campmeeting at some point this week. But first I'd like to applaud Oklahoma's generosity. I've been attempting to raise money for Sheaves for Christ ever since 20 Somethings' camp. It truly has become a burden of mine to raise as much money as possible. However things moved slowly at first. Over the course of the first month I raise just shy of $200. Awesome but my goal is at least $1000. This past week was campmeeting though and I came armed with chocolate chip cookies to sell. I thought I had enough to last all week, and it was enough to make about $50-$60. Decent for a week of vacation right? And I was collecting sponsorships for my "Heels for Wheels" walk as well. So I was hoping to double my money, raise my total to $400. However thanks to very generous donations, mainly from Oklahoma's ministry, I raised my total to $623.23!! Today I've been selling cookies by the dozen at my church and have orders for $65.00 worth of cookies today. :) That will put me close to $700. I fully believe I will exceed the $1000 threshold. I'm so excited to be able to give that much to SFC with just 2 1/2 months of work total. So remember this: Why Give? Because 1 lost soul = 2 many!!!!

II Corinthians 9:7
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
KJV


1 comment:

  1. My "Heels for Wheels" girl. I don't take this for granted. Bless you, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete