Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Potential and Purpose

We've been having revival with Rev. Tim Hadden the last few weeks and it's been amazing! He mentioned something in one of his sermons that hit me in the heart and I can't stop thinking about it. It wasn't even his main point but it's something to think about. Rev. Hadden was preaching and teaching on the purpose of light and was addressing the point that EVERYTHING God creates has a purpose. That includes you and me, not just the plants and animals. 

Not only does God create things with purpose; He expects His creations to fulfill their potential. If you look at the parable of the fig tree in Luke 13 God obviously has no use for the fig tree if it's not going to produce. I got to thinking about that and can't get away from it. What if I'm not fulfilling my potential? What if I'm not living up to my purpose? Will I be cut down? If you look at the parable of the talents in Matthew 25 it's plain that God expects His servants to fulfill their potential. His words for the servant who didn't use his talents were especially harsh. The servant who buried his talents was called a "wicked and slothful servant" (Matthew 25:25). God help me not to be that "wicked and slothful servant." So I challenge you today to take stock of your life and evaluate what God has given you, what your purpose is and if you're fulfilling it because I personally want to be called a "good and faithful servant" and I'm sure you do too!! Join me. Let's make sure we fulfill our purpose for the Kingdom!


No comments:

Post a Comment